41 Minjungbal Drive
South Tweed Heads
NSW 2486 Click for map
|Monday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 17:00|
Snorkel Safari Gold Coast is located on the Gold Coast right in the heart of beautiful Coolangatta just 5 minutes from the Gold Coast airport and centrally located, you can walk to our shop from all major accommodation houses in Coolangatta, Rainbow Bay and Kirra.
We are the only SSI dive shop on the Gold Coast, we have all the latest dive equipment offering a large range of wetsuits, masks, fins, BCD’s and accessories. All of our hire gear is new, we offer a large class room for all your dive courses, and car parking at the rear of the shop for easy access for tank fills and to the wash down area. We cater for single divers right through to large dive groups/clubs with accommodation packages available.
We also have the largest day dive boat on the Gold Coast. The “Whale Watcher" is a 15m catamaran licensed for 30 divers. With most trips we limit our numbers down to a comfortable 24 divers. Diving the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads coastline is spectacular, just off Point Danger you will find some spectacular dive site's easily up there with some of the best on the East Coast of Australia. Our dives range from easy scenic dives off Cook Island to a more complex dives at Nine Mile Reef. For an easy dive we head out to Cook Island which has a large abundance of tropical and sub-tropical fish species and leopard sharks and manta rays during summer, with a local resident turtle population. For the more experienced diver we can head out to places like Nine Mile Reef which is a brilliant drift dive starting in 10 m of water dropping away to 30 m, this is were all the pelagics hang during summer and large numbers of grey nurse sharks move in during the winter.
We also have some amazing pinnacles which drop more than 25 m in straight walls of rock with swim throughs where there are resident Queensland groper and large schools of king fish.
So if you’re thinking of Diving the Gold Coast drop in and say hello and join us on one of our great dive trips!!!
The Snorkel Safari Gold Coast Crew
Transfers from your Accommodation
Snorkel Safari Gold Coast has a Pickup and Dropoff service available to its customers. The pickup service covers areas from Surfers Paradise right down to south Tweed Heads. Our pick up service includes pickup from your hotel to the Snorkel Safari Gold Coast shop then down to the Boat and a return trip to your accommodation. The following is the cost for Pickup from different areas:
- $20pp covers pick up from Surfers Paradise to Miami area.
- $15pp covers pick up from Burleigh heads to Tugun area.
- $10pp covers pick up from Coolangatta/Rainbow Beach/Tweed Heads/Tweed Heads South area.
- $5pp covers a transfers from the Shop to the Boat and Return.
All Trips meet at our Shop Location
Snorkel Safari Gold Coast is located in Coolangatta on the Cnr of Mclean and Musgrave Streets.
Travelling by Car:
- 10 minutes from Coolangatta Airport
- 5 - 10 minutes from Coolangatta/Kirra/Tugun/Rainbow Bay
- 20 minutes from Burleigh Heads area
- 15 minutes from Palm Beach/Elanora area
- 45 minutes from Byron Bay
- 40 minutes from Surfers Paradise
- 1 - 1.5hrs from Brisbane
Our boats depart from the Coolangatta and Tweed Heads Golf Club, Alf Rush Memorial Drive, Tweed Heads South.
- Your best to book your trip early in your holiday in case of bad weather
- Prepare for sea sickness (Travelcalm or Kwells originals are recommended)
- All trips meet at our shop in Coolangatta (cnr Mclean and Musgrave sts)
- You must arrive on time if your late we will leave without you
- Make sure your camera is charged and memory card is empty
- We do have Go Pro's for hire if you didn't bring a camera with you
We operate on Queensland time!!!
Terms and Conditions
- There is a 24 hour cancelation policy, If you wish to cancel it must be outside the 24 hours leading up to the trip
- All trips will only go on skippers discretion and final decision on weather rest with the skipper
- If you have a booking and don't show up you will be charged in full
- For a booking to be taken it must be paid in full or Credit Card details provided
- There is no refunds for not being able to complete an activity due to sea sickness or any other reason
- If you don't disclose a medical condition before the boat leaves there is no refunds
- For a discover scuba dive you must tell us at the time of booking if you have any medical conditions, if you arrive on the day and have a medical condition that restricts you from participating you will be charged in full. (This is for obvious things like Asthma, epilepsy, heart conditions etc and is at managements discretion)
Dive Conditions Update
December 1st 2012: The visibility is currently 6-8 meters on the southern side of Cook Island with a refreshing temp of 19 deg!! First day of summer and we get a cold snap in the water.....